Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme
Investing for a world of change
We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2.3 trillion* for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives.
*as at 31.03.2020
About the programme:
- 12 months:
– on-the-job learning
– technical training
– professional development
- you will perform an actual role and gain exposure to the Operations areas within Investec Asset Management
- Full support provided in the form of ongoing training and tailored workshops for personal and career development
- Applications open: 17 October 2019
- Applications close: 27 October 2019
- Only South African citizens are eligible
- Programme location: Cape Town
- Applications are considered holistically and not purely on academics
Supporting Documents required:
- South African ID
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Full academic transcripts
Who should apply?
- Applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career in asset management
- Applicants who have achieved the minimum requirements:
- minumum 65% matric core mathematics
- minimum 65% matric English
- minimum 65% overall university grade
- We have a particular interest inthe following degrees:
- Actuarial ScienceEngineering
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Systems and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Applicants with a strong academic track record at school and university (including Grade 12 English and Core Mathematics)
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
- Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
- Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
- Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
- Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
- Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
- Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business
This Vacancy is closed to applications.