Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme
Investec Asset Management is an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business.
We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors.
We were established in South Africa in 1991, offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. We are now a truly global business managing approximately R2,015.3bn* for clients from all over the world. We service these clients from our offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
At Investec Asset Management, we believe in a better future. First and foremost, we are working towards a better future for our clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. Our purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations.
Our culture supports innovation. We value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Our people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
*as at 30.09.2018
Are you looking for hands-on responsibility and business mentoring in one of the most dynamic, global and successful asset management institutions in South Africa? Do you have a strong academic record, leadership ability and a history of achievement? Even more importantly, do you have a passion for Investments?
Investec Asset Management invites Final Year, Honours and Masters students to apply for our Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme. This 12-month opportunity will offer you structured on-the -job learning, technical industry training as well as professional development.
During the programme, you may be exposed to either the Investment, Client Group or Operations divisions of Investec Asset Management.
Please ensure that all the following documentation accompanies your application in order to be considered:
- Certified copy of your South African ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of full academic transcripts
- Closing date for applications is the 24th August 2016
- Only South African citizens are invited to apply
- The programme will be Cape Town based from January 2017
- Your application will be considered as a whole and not purely based on academics
- Please note that preference will be given to Employment Equity applications
Our YIP Graduate Programme is open to students who:
- Are completing or have completed any degree within the last 3 years; however we have a particular interest in candidates completing Bachelor degrees in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics or Actuarial Science
- Have demonstrated academic excellence with an average of 65% achieved at university
- Have achieved a minimum 65% pass in English and Core Mathematics in Grade 12
- Demonstrate leadership and participation in sporting and or cultural activities
This Vacancy is closed to applications.