Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme
Investing for a world of change
We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2.3 trillion* for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives.
*as at 31.03.2020
About the programme:
12 months of:
- on-the-job learning
- technical training
- professional development
A genuine role offering exposure to the following divisions:
- Client Group
- Full support provided in the form of a personal development and mentorship programme
- Applications open: 1 June 2018
- Applications close: 17 August 2018
- Programme start date: Mid-January 2019
- Only South African citizens are eligible
- Programme location: Cape Town
- Applications are considered holistically and not purely on academics
- Preference given to Employment Equity applications
Who should apply?
- Applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career in asset management
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate (or post-graduate) degree within the last 3 years. We have a particular interest in the following degrees:
- Business Science
- Actuarial Science
- Applicants with a strong academic track record at school and university (including Grade 12 English and Core Mathematics)
- Applicants who have demonstrated leadership, sporting, cultural or community participation
This Vacancy is closed to applications.