Young Investment Professional Graduate Programme
Investec Asset Management is an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business.
We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors.
We were established in South Africa in 1991, offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. We are now a truly global business managing approximately R1,931.1bn* for clients from all over the world. We service these clients from our offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
At Investec Asset Management, we believe in a better future. First and foremost, we are working towards a better future for our clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. Our purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations.
Our culture supports innovation. We value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Our people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
*as at 30.06.2018
About the programme:
12 months of:
- on-the-job learning
- technical training
- professional development
A genuine role offering exposure to the following divisions:
- Client Group
- Full support provided in the form of a personal development and mentorship programme
- Applications open: 1 June 2018
- Applications close: 17 August 2018
- Programme start date: Mid-January 2019
- Only South African citizens are eligible
- Programme location: Cape Town
- Applications are considered holistically and not purely on academics
- Preference given to Employment Equity applications
Who should apply?
- Applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career in asset management
- Applicants who have completed an undergraduate (or post-graduate) degree within the last 3 years. We have a particular interest in the following degrees:
- Business Science
- Actuarial Science
- Applicants with a strong academic track record at school and university (including Grade 12 English and Core Mathematics)
- Applicants who have demonstrated leadership, sporting, cultural or community participation
This Vacancy is closed to applications.