Graduate - Information Technology
Investec Asset Management is an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business.
We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors.
We were established in South Africa in 1991, offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. We are now a truly global business managing approximately R1,922.9bn* for clients from all over the world. We service these clients from our offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
At Investec Asset Management, we believe in a better future. First and foremost, we are working towards a better future for our clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. Our purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations.
Our culture supports innovation. We value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Our people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
*as at 31.12.2018
About the programme:
12 months of:
- on-the-job learning
- technical training
- professional development
- a genuine role offering exposure within the IT department
- full support provided in the form of a personal development and mentorship programme
- applications close : 23 November 2018
- programme start date: 7 January 2019
- only South African citizens are eligible
- programme location: Cape Town
- applications are considered holistically and not purely on academics
- preference given to Employment Equity applications
- Supplement first line IT support to assist in understanding incoming service requests and incidents, prioritizing and resolving (where applicable) or escalating to second line support personnel.
- Learn and understand key business systems and technologies.
- Support regional and global work force on premise and remotely.
- Work within the IT support team to handle queries in a timely and efficient manner.
Core duties to achieve responsibilities:
- Monitor the query logging system for new service requests and incidents.
- Close or resolve calls if these can be done immediately.
- Allocate or escalate queries to the appropriate resolver teams within IT.
- Communicate with users when calls are logged and / or resolved.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of systems and technologies in use by the business.
- Document processes and resolution notes.
- Work with IT teams to manage other IT workflows.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects when required.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant degree, specialising in Information Technology (Data Science, Computer Science, Computing)
- Interest in technology, preferably within the financial sector
- Microsoft Office, Windows
- Mobile technologies
- Programming languages
- Call logging systems
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and driven
- Desire to learn and make the most of opportunities as they are presented
- Self-starter, with the ability to use own initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- The desire to improve oneself and existing processes
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisation skills
- Able to own an issue from identification to resolution
- Able to handle sensitive information discreetly
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
- Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
- Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
- Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
- Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
- Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
- Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business
This Vacancy is closed to applications.